JobMaker Hiring Credit
Posted: 03 December 2020
JobMaker Hiring credit is available to businesses who hire new employees aged between 16 and 35 years old and meet certain criteria.
- Applies to new employees hired created between 7th October 2020 to 6 October 2021
- Employers will be reimbursed up to $200 a week for eligible employees 16 to 29 years old
- Employers will be reimbursed up to $100 a week for eligible employees 30 to 35 years old
- You can not claim JobMaker if you are receiving another Job Subsidy (e.g. JobKeeper)
- Eligible employees can only claim JobMaker from one company
- You must have an increase in the number of employees compared to your figures at 30 September 2020 so you can’t fire someone to then hire someone younger and eligible.
- Your payroll must have increased compared with the July to September quarter 2020
- Hold ABN
- Up to date with tax lodgements
- Registered for PAYG withholding
- Reporting through Single Touch Payroll (STP)
- Have adequate records showing the paid hours of the eligible employee
- Must have received JobSeeker, Youth Allowance or Parenting payment for at least 1 month in the previous 3 months of being hired.
- Must work minimum 20 hours per week on average over the reporting period
- Can be on a Permanent, Fixed or Casual basis
- Must be in the 1st year of employment with your company
When to Claim
- Will be claimed quarterly in arrears from the 1st February 2021.
- You will need to report quarterly to receive payment
- Registrations will open from 7th December 2020 through ATO online services
We are here to help. If you have any questions or would like assistance please don’t hesitate to contact one of the team.